HARRIS RE-ARRESTED OVER FRESH CLAIMS OF HISTORICAL SEX ABUSE – Wednesday August 7 2013

– Rolf Harris has been re-arrested and bailed again in England following “further allegations” of historical sex abuse, reports say.
Harris, 83, was named earlier this year as the Australian entertainer arrested in late March by officers from Operation Yewtree which was established following the jimmy Savile scandal. However, police have refused to confirm that Harris is the man who has been re-arrested.
He was bailed until May and then again until early August “pending further inquiries”.
On Monday, police said new allegations against a man, widely reported as Harris, had come to light.
“He has returned on bail today where he was further arrested on suspicion of sexual offences in connection with further allegations made to Operation Yewtree,” the Metropolitan Police said. “He has been re-bailed to…later in August.”
The Metropolitan Police stated: “We are not prepared to discuss further, nor comment on the identity of who the man arrested may be.” While police have never named Harris, he has widely been identified in the media as the Berkshire man involved.
The police said Harris “falls under the strand of the investigation we have termed ‘others'”.
That means his arrest is not connected to the specific allegations against Savile – AAP

Advertisements

About Jumpin' Jack Cash

Crimewave2014@gmail.com
This entry was posted in Child Pornography and Abuse, Paedophilia, Rape and Sexual Assault and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s