GRANDMOTHER BACKS POLICE CLAIMS 3-YEAR-OLD GRANDSON WAS MURDERED

December 15 2014

– The grandmother of the first child who died in the suspected murder and attempted murder of four young boys in the Queensland ‘house of horrors’ case has declared her grandson, 3, was ‘murdered’.
The woman, who cannot be identified, has said in a social media post he ‘was murdered he didn’t die of natural causes’.
She also claimed another grandmother was ‘suspected of murdering [her grandson] and his 7 month old half brother and attempting to murder his two other half brothers by setting their bedroom alight but luckily they escaped … it is all very sad’.
The grandmother made the statements following an outpouring of family support for the grandmother suspected of killing the woman’s grandson, aged three years old, in 2013.
Scroll down for video
‘The last photo of me and my grandson’: The grandmother of the youngest child who died in Queensland’s ‘house of horrors’ believed he was murdered +13
‘The last photo of me and my grandson’: The grandmother of the youngest child who died in Queensland’s ‘house of horrors’ believed he was murdered
She is also suspected of killing the seven-month-old boy and attempting to keep two other boys, aged, nine and 11, in a house which was on fire.
All four boys are the children of the same mother. The mother and her most recent partner are parents of the seven-month-old boy who died in September this year.
That partner’s mother is a police suspect in the two murder and two attempted murders of four children at Morayfield between April 2013 and September this year, all alleged incidents happening on the 27th of each month.
Earlier on Sunday the grandmother police describe as as a ‘person of interest’ in a ‘mind-boggling’ series of crimes that involves two children’s deaths and a fire has denied any involvement in the crimes.
Asked by Seven News if she killed her grandchildren, the grandmother replied: ‘Absolutely not. I’m not a heartless person. Someone with no heart would do that.’
Queensland Police have provided vision of a recreation of the case, above, featuring police staff and an unknown woman +13
Queensland Police have provided vision of a recreation of the case, above, featuring police staff and an unknown woman
No one in the ‘mindboggling’ series of alleged crimes committed at Morayfield, north of Brisbane, can be identifed. This picture shows the father of a toddler who died in July last year. +13
No one in the ‘mindboggling’ series of alleged crimes committed at Morayfield, north of Brisbane, can be identifed. This picture shows the father of a toddler who died in July last year.
The father of two boys believed to have been locked in their room to burn to death in a failed murder bid says he fears for their lives ‘every day’ they are in the house. The surviving boys, aged 9 and 11, remain in the care of their mother and stepfather under supervision.
Police say the pair are not suspected of being involved and they have told of their grief at losing two children.
On Saturday the surviving boys’ father, who sees them only sporadically, said: ‘It shocks me. I’m disgusted. I fear for their lives every day. I don’t know what’s going to happen next.’
Meanwhile the father of the toddler police believe was murdered in the house has called for ‘justice for his ‘little buddy”.
The man’s three-year-old son, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was found dead at a Morayfield home, on the Sunshine Coast on July 27 2013. His seven-month-old half-brother was found dead at the same address on September 27 2014.
Father and son: The father of a three-year-old boy police believe was murdered in a crime linked to his grandmother wants justice for the dead toddler. +13
Father and son: The father of a three-year-old boy police believe was murdered in a crime linked to his grandmother wants justice for the dead toddler.
The father of a toddler police believe was murdered on July 27 last year at the birth of his son. +13
Loving dad: The father of a toddler initially believed to have died from sudden death syndrome but whose death is now being investigated as a homicide is shown here at his son’s birth. +13
The father of a toddler police believe was murdered on July 27 last year at the birth of his son.
Each of the alleged crimes occurred on the 27th of the month, prompting police to investigate the ‘coincidence’.
Until Friday, the father of the three-year-old believed his son had died of complications from a virus. Today, he was calling for justice for his boy, as well his son’s half-brother and the two other boys.
‘I just want to know what happened to my son,’ he said. ‘He was my little buddy.’
On Saturday, the man changed his Facebook profile to feature a picture of his son below the words: ‘Justice for (the boy’s name)’. He had also written the message: ‘Justice for all 4. 3 other boys went though hell to so please dont forget about them’.
A relative of the man had posted: ‘RIP my little pumpernickel I knew it would all come out in the end. Luvs ya and miss ya heaps (boy’s name) xxxxx I’m so sorry I wasn’t there to protect you.’
Horror scene: Queensland police have recreated the moment the kids were nearly murdered in their beds by fire as they slept +13
Horror scene: Queensland police have recreated the moment the kids were nearly murdered in their beds by fire as they slept
Firefighters remove the bed from the makeshift home. Police believe the children were deliberately blocked from exiting their bedroom +13
Firefighters remove the bed from the makeshift home. Police believe the children were deliberately blocked from exiting their bedroom
Blaze: A scene from the police recreation of the attempted murder of two kids +13
Blaze: A scene from the police recreation of the attempted murder of two kids
Another user posted: ‘How could someone be so evil? Such a innocent little boy’
The father of the three-year-old, who had separated from the boy’s mother and was not living with his son when he died, has pleaded for anyone with information to come forward and help police.
‘(My son) was a really healthy little boy,’ he said. ‘When I got the call that night he was at the hospital, something didn’t add up – he was a healthy three-year-old boy. ‘How did my little buddy die?’
Detectives have described a grandmother as being a person of interest in the investigation into the deaths of the two boys and the alleged attempted killing of the other two children as they slept in their beds.
The alleged crimes all occurred at the same home in Morayfield and the grandmother was present during each incident. No one has been charged.
The alleged crimes all occurred at a home in Morayfield, toward the Sunshine Coast north of Brisbane +13
The alleged crimes all occurred at a home in Morayfield, toward the Sunshine Coast north of Brisbane
Detectives recreate burning bedroom in attempted murder case

The deaths of the three-year-old and the seven-month old were initially treated as SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) cases, police said.
On February 27 this year two boys aged nine and 11 were asleep in their beds in the same home when the house was set ablaze.
The children survived but based on a forensic recreation of the arson attack, detectives believe someone had deliberately blocked their escape pathway from the bedroom.
Detective Acting Superintendent Damien Hansen said the crimes were horrific. ‘To have it happen to defenceless children is just mindboggling,’ he said.
Supt Hansen would not identify any family members. Both children and other occupants of the burning house were treated for smoke inhalation.
‘The children were inside the room and could not exit the room,’ he said. One child suffered burns to his lower limbs and was treated at Caboolture Hospital.
‘Just mindboggling’: Detective Acting Superintendent Damien Hansen said the crimes were horrific +13
‘Just mindboggling’: Detective Acting Superintendent Damien Hansen said the crimes were horrific
Firefighters: The incidents all occurred at the one address in Morayfield +13
Firefighters: The incidents all occurred at the one address in Morayfield
Police are investigating whether there is a reason why the crimes all occurred on the 27th of the month, Supt Hansen said.
‘It’s a matter being investigated,’ he said, although he ruled out any religious or cult links to the crimes.
The detective would not rule out the involvement of other people but said police have ‘strong leads’.
‘We are very confident we have the right line of enquiry with this investigation and will have a conclusion in the near future,’ he said.
The surviving children are now in state care.
This is a Queensland Fire and Rescue re-enactment of the fire which nearly claimed the lives of two children.

– Candace Sutton, John Carney, Stephen Gibbs & Daniel Piotrowski

Advertisements

About Jumpin' Jack Cash

Crimewave2014@gmail.com
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s